Friday, October 29, 2010
Linkless Indexing
It has long been known - at least to a few of us - that the easiest way to get indexed is to create a backlink on an indexed site that points back to the new site you wish to get indexed. Better yet - use the keyword you wish to rank for in the anchor of the link pointing to the new site and you are on your way.
So... what can a beginner do if you are just starting out and don't have the resources to conjure up backlinks. Yes - you can use any number of free hosts to create backlinks, Ezine Articles, Hubpages, Squidoo to name a few. The thing is you have to wait for G to index those pages before it gets to your new site - not a big deal but is there another solution? Especially for those of you who don't want to create a hubpage or lense.
Well, yes there is.
I am in the process of procuring a new series of Internet Marketing lessons for beginners as my old ones are out of date. To that end I have tried to go back in time and approach this from a complete beginners standpoint. The problem is that I can't erase the knowledge I have picked up over the years but I can start over without friends and resources - a new site that any beginner can produce.
Last month I created a new blogspot blog - it's free - and have 58 posts on it to date. I will save the why's and wherefore's of how it was set up for the Beginners Lessons but I thought I would share something with those of you who have been at this a while. After creating the site and posting fresh content I was faced with the age old problem - G hadn't indexed it. I knew that all it would take was a link from an authority site but this method isn't readily available to someone starting out.
What would or could a beginner do that was available? Facebook? Sure why not - just about everyone has a facebook page so I slapped a link on there. Sure it's no-follow but between you and me, G does follow no-follow links on occasion. What happened? Nothing. Twitter then? Same thing - I slapped a link on twitter and again - nothing.
Btw - I started several Blogspot and Wordpress sites last month in order to test various things, one of which was Blogger's stats package. I want to know whether the Blogger built in stats package (a mini version of analytics) would get a site indexed on its own - Blogger is owned by G and something is collecting data on the site in order to give you stats. Is it tied into the G bots? Apparently not. The site has plenty of posts and a month later it still isn't indexed.
So... Facebook - Nada. Twitter - Nada. Blogger Stats - Nada. And no external do-follow links.
What's left to try...
How about Adsense?
Ok. This won't help a beginner who hasn't yet developed a site for acceptance into Adsense but my lessons explain how to do so. This is just for those of you who already have it.
I added Adsense to half of my test sites - 3 Wordpress and 3 Blogger sites.
Guess what - all six were indexed within 2 days. The remaining 6 test sites still aren't indexed after a month of just posting.
Not one of the Wordpress indexed sites has an external link pointing at them. The 3 blogger sites have the no-follow Twitter/Facebook links that didn't work.
In the old days I found that adding Adsense to a new site could get you into the sandbox pretty quick. These days it just gets you indexed fast.
So... what can a beginner do if you are just starting out and don't have the resources to conjure up backlinks. Yes - you can use any number of free hosts to create backlinks, Ezine Articles, Hubpages, Squidoo to name a few. The thing is you have to wait for G to index those pages before it gets to your new site - not a big deal but is there another solution? Especially for those of you who don't want to create a hubpage or lense.
Well, yes there is.
I am in the process of procuring a new series of Internet Marketing lessons for beginners as my old ones are out of date. To that end I have tried to go back in time and approach this from a complete beginners standpoint. The problem is that I can't erase the knowledge I have picked up over the years but I can start over without friends and resources - a new site that any beginner can produce.
Last month I created a new blogspot blog - it's free - and have 58 posts on it to date. I will save the why's and wherefore's of how it was set up for the Beginners Lessons but I thought I would share something with those of you who have been at this a while. After creating the site and posting fresh content I was faced with the age old problem - G hadn't indexed it. I knew that all it would take was a link from an authority site but this method isn't readily available to someone starting out.
What would or could a beginner do that was available? Facebook? Sure why not - just about everyone has a facebook page so I slapped a link on there. Sure it's no-follow but between you and me, G does follow no-follow links on occasion. What happened? Nothing. Twitter then? Same thing - I slapped a link on twitter and again - nothing.
Btw - I started several Blogspot and Wordpress sites last month in order to test various things, one of which was Blogger's stats package. I want to know whether the Blogger built in stats package (a mini version of analytics) would get a site indexed on its own - Blogger is owned by G and something is collecting data on the site in order to give you stats. Is it tied into the G bots? Apparently not. The site has plenty of posts and a month later it still isn't indexed.
So... Facebook - Nada. Twitter - Nada. Blogger Stats - Nada. And no external do-follow links.
What's left to try...
How about Adsense?
Ok. This won't help a beginner who hasn't yet developed a site for acceptance into Adsense but my lessons explain how to do so. This is just for those of you who already have it.
I added Adsense to half of my test sites - 3 Wordpress and 3 Blogger sites.
Guess what - all six were indexed within 2 days. The remaining 6 test sites still aren't indexed after a month of just posting.
Not one of the Wordpress indexed sites has an external link pointing at them. The 3 blogger sites have the no-follow Twitter/Facebook links that didn't work.
In the old days I found that adding Adsense to a new site could get you into the sandbox pretty quick. These days it just gets you indexed fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment